Wednesday, 23 May 2018
THE MAIN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW, TO PROTECT HARDWOOD FLOORING
In order to ensure that your wood floor remains in pristine condition for as long as you can, nevertheless, there are a couple of main things that you need to protect it from. These are:
1. Shoes. Footwear presents two hazards to your wood floors. Neutralise these risks by implementing a no-shoes coverage in the house and investing in some doormats.
2. Pets. If you have pets, you need to keep their claws well-trimmed to protect against scratching of your timber floors. In addition, you ought to be on-hand to mop up 'accidents' until they can stain your floors.
3. Spills. Should you spill anything on your own floor, wipe it up immediately before it may sink into your wood floors.
4. Sunlight. Excessive exposure to sunlight can discolour regions of your floor. Prevent this by closing curtains when rooms aren't in use and shifting carpeting and floor mats around frequently to ensure the floor colour evolves equally.
5. Colour change. You're able to find a clear film for the windows, which may block out 99.9% of the damaging U.V light. They use this movie on stately homes to guard the antiques inside.
6. Furniture. Protective pads must be fitted to all furniture to stop it denting and or scratching the flooring, Justwood can provide each of the pads that you require.
7. Cleaning. Keep the floors clean and clear of all dust and grit as this can be ground to the floor and cause damage.
Posted by Unknown at 05:00